2007-08-12

YUU & ME

GO!GO!7188 Pulp ~Summer Grind Version...

I was lucky enough to attend GO!GO!7188's first solo USA tour & reworked my previous art for the "Pulp/Japan Nite" image to reflect Yuu's new outfit with a new background to reinterpret the orange & black theme of the new tour merchandise.
SHOWTIME: 8.7.07 7:30 Peelander Z/GO!GO!7188
Much to my surprise, GOGO is back 5 months after the Japan Nite tour, this time on their own terms! The day kicked-off with the unfortunate circumstance of my good friend Jeff's gf Jamie being sick & the 2 of them not being able to attend because of it. -_- Jeff's a good man & wanted to take care of her, & was kind enough to take us to the train in New Haven, & pick us up & let us crash at his lair anyway. ^_- With his great directions Mike & I hit the train, subway, & the Knitting factory 2 hours early, & I can tell you the line was already formed!! @_@ We landed about 10th in line. It was very structured & on time for any venue. Smart boys that we are... we went staright for the dealers table stage-left upon entering where new shirts & cd's were sold. Upon our entering I immediately spotted my #1 girl YUU (singer/guitarist) standing by the table, fanboy that I am I rushed over to her & asked if I could take my picture with her, she kindly agreed so I wrapped my arm around her waist & had Mike take a snap. followed by me taking one of him & her. It was a DREAM come true. @_@ One of my top 5 J-Rock bands of all time & I get a pic with my #1 mastergirl! Who could ask for more! We grabbed some new shirts & headed towards the front of the stage on YUU's future side. The show opened up with the performance-punk-act Peelander Z, which was very entertaining with their sentai-style outfits & crowd "on stage/off stage" participation. About 10 minutes later GOGO came out plugged in & we were off!! They ripped through a 15+ set of classics from their newest hit & as far back to their orignal debut material. There was a cute interaction with the band that sparred AKKO's new Kiss-egg collection from a NYC toyshop & YUU's love for Crispy Creme dounuts, plus some extended versions of songs played flawlessly. Faves of mine included their cover of "Cutie Honey" as well as the surf-rock anthem "Aa Seishun"... They did 1 encore that included the fan-fave "C7," & were very kind to their adoring NYC fans. When the show concluded MK & I hung out to see if we could score some autographs & you bet we did. I spotted AKKO immediately in the tix hall & tracked her down to sign my "Best Of GO!GO!" CD (she drew a dog & signed her name + bass)... I gave her my sharpie so she could sign more autopgraphs for "un-pened" fans & she thanked me & patted my shoulder. ^_- MK & I immediately tracked down YUU for an autograph in the art gallery/sales room & thanked her & she thanked us...by far one of the BEST show experiences I have ever had with some truly unique experiences, (like meeting the band!!), & I can't say enough positive things about one of my all-time favorite bands GO!GO!7188!!

YUU passionately singing with many complicated inflections in her voice...GO!GO!7188..the whole band...AKKO (bass)/YUU (guitar)/TURKEY (drums)

YUU rocking out!!
YUU's custom Fender Telecaster after the show!!
AKKO signs autographs for fans...w/my sharpie...
YUU & ME!!
Before the concert @ the Tokyo Alice Art Gallery...She is much smaller than I am but I am leaning way down for the picture ^_-...


*Wicked Pictures taken by Chris Para & Mike Kingman, special thanks to Jeff Katin*

Here's some footage of the awesome show from an AKKO fan on YouTube...
Manatsu no Dance Hall...

Band Introduction + Cutie Honey...

No comments:

Post a Comment